Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A taste of Getting Out of Bed in the Morning




Each of my chapters in my devotional come with scripture, reflections, and prayers, as well as things to do if you walk. Below is an excerpt from page 118.


Prayer
Dear Lord, may I choose to be disciplined to seek
the good, the excellent, the praise-worthy in this
day. Help me to lift my head and my arms up so
that my spirit may be lifted.

When You Walk
Carry a note pad or recording device with you on your
walk today so that you can jot down or record ideas that
come to you about ways to celebrate life. These can be
simple things, such as inviting a friend over for coffee, or
more involved, like redecorating a room in your home.
Think of things that give you joy.

Paint a picture, grow an herb garden, take a class and
learn something new. There are dozens of possibilities to
add some zest to your life as you find ways to celebrate
who you are.
~ Alice J. Wisler
Copyright 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment