That's right; join this blog, become a follower. Your name will then be entered in the hat to win an autographed copy of my new devotional, Getting Out of Bed in the Morning. The devotional comes out next month. Here's what others are saying about it:
* Believe me, you will be changed as you read this book, a book of grief and comfort. Written without easy answers but with gritty, courageous prayer, wrestling like Jacob with God's angel. ~ Eugene H Peterson, Professor Emeritus of Spiritual Theology, Recent College, Vancouver, B.C.; translator of The Message
* In Getting Out of Bed in the Morning: Reflections of Comfort in Heartache, Alice speaks to the heart from the heart! I found myself in many of the verses. Run, don’t walk and get this book. Peace and comfort are only a page away.
~Debby Stephenson, Founder/Director of Courageous Kidz- A Safe Haven for Kids with Cancer
* Truly wonderful book. Practical yet poignant. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is experiencing grief. Through her suggested prayers, insights, and walking exercises, Wisler guides the grieving soul to the Great Physician's healing.
~Linda Rondeau, author of The Other Side of Darkness
* Getting Out of Bed in the Morning brings a beautiful blend of practical steps with powerful messages from God’s Word. The invitation to action at the end of each chapter provides vibrant hope for the reader. Each stage of the book brings back the confidence that indeed we will wake up tomorrow—renewed and filled with God’s grace—so the day will be shining with a new peace and a sweet kind of joy. ~ Janet Perez Eckles, author of Simply Salsa: Dancing Without Fear at God’s Fiesta
* Writing with hard-won wisdom, understanding and compassion, Alice J. Wisler walks us gently through the valley of the shadow, turning the “holes in our hearts” into hope and softening grief’s pain. ~Margaret Brownley, author of Grieving God’s Way: the Lasting Path to Hope and Healing
* As I walk along my own journey through grief, there are many paths ahead of me that I could choose. The author shares wisdom gained through her own heart’s wrestle with God and gently encourages me onto a path that leads to healing, wholeness, and eternal hope. ~Elaine Howlett, bereaved mom, grief educator and speaker, author of “Lazarus, Come Out!”
* Hope stirs fresh in Getting Out of Bed in the Morning as Alice Wisler tenderly challenges the remnants of our grieving hearts to a healing journey. This book is a safe place to reconcile painful losses; a graceful guide through the uncharted and often complex landscape of grief and loss. Alice’s heart whispers an understanding that comes only from one who has tasted consuming heartache yet uncovered the hope of God’s sustaining grace. ~ Jo Ann Fore, Author, Founder of WriteWhereItHurts.org
* Alice Wisler has made a noble effort to put into devotional form a journey from deep sorrow, anger, and grief to one of trust and knowing God still loves you despite the tribulations of severe loss. Not everyone has lost a beloved child to disease, a car wreck, or murder, but those who have can connect with what Alice communicates in her new devotional, Getting Out of Bed in the Morning. ~ Dr. Linda B. Greer, Writer, Blogger, Bereaved Mother