Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Value in Waiting?

Waiting. We do it often.

A new year and I am discouraged, God. Why am I always waiting?

I get tired of waiting.

I have begged, asked, said, "please". When do I hear from you?

I have waited and wanted so much for my writing and workshops, for my husband, and for my children. I am weary.

Last night as my husband and I were returning home from an event, we passed a country church (yes, we took the long way home). The marque held the words: "Waiting on God is never a waste of time."




My throat clamped; my eyes filled.

Oh, dear God. These words are for me. I have been impatient. I have lacked in trusting that You know what is best for me.

Today I opened Getting Out of Bed in the Morning to read my own words I penned months ago: "What if we trusted God in our waiting and used the time to let God's strength pour over us? What if we saw value in waiting?"

Value in waiting.

Could God be working on my heart so that when He does answer, I will be ready for what He has for me?

Can I believe in the One who knows me best?

Can I desire to know Him better, regardless of how weary I am in my frailty?

In the bleakness of winter, can I hope for the greenery and flourish of spring?

May my prayer be from Isaiah 40:31: "Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment